Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Yesterday afternoon I went to visit my grandparents and as soon as I walked through the back door the bottom fell out! I mean it hasn't rained like that all summer!! So my grandmother fixed me a piece of pound cake and a diet coke (a winning combination...somehow I still try to convince myself they cancel each other out) and we watched Oprah. Well about halfway through Oprah I got a text message from one of my friends that said "we are meeting at blackbird if you want to join"...so i thought to myself who is we? and what time? I mean really TR you have got to get on the ball about this sort of thing! so a few minutes later another friend called me asking where I was that they were all at blackbird! By this time the rain has slacked off a little bit, but not enough for my grandmother or mother to feel safe with me driving. I'm an only child...so they are very protective of me. I told them I would be fine so I started out the door. Well, let me just say that I was not looking my loveliest yesterday...I stayed at home all day so I was sporting athletic shorts, a t-shirt, rainbows and my polo hat...I didn't really feel comfortable meeting them looking so awful and obviously neither did my grandmother. She is the perfect Southern Lady and if I can grow up to be half as gracious, hospitable and just plain southern as she is I will be a happy girl! She told me I better go home and put on some more make-up, comb my hair and change clothes...so I did just that! and guess what? since it was raining I got to wear my new rainboots!!!
Well it was kind of a sad time for all of my friends...its probably the last time we will all be together before we leave for college. Two of them are going to Atlanta, one to Athens, I am just moving right down the street and one is a high school senior. Right now I am so ready for college and ready to meet new people, but at the same time I don't want to lose touch with these people that I have grown so close to.
Today I am going to Macon with my grandmother to do a little shopping and then we are headed over to my dermatologist. When we get home Mama and Daddy are coming over to my grandparents house and Grandaddy is making some homemade peach ice cream!!!--one of my favorite things about summer! We finally found some good homegrown georgia peaches so its time to make the best summertime treat ever!
Thats all for now....

1 comment:

Kiss My Tiara said...

Hi! Your blog is adorable :) Starting college is so exciting, I wish I could be starting my freshman year and not my senior! You will have such a great time. Can't wait to read more :)