Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Giving Thanks/Christmas Cheer

I have been doing a lot of thinking lately. Maybe its the time of year, or maybe its the fact that I have a lot more spare time than usual.
I am so thankful to have the amazing family that I have. My mother is my best friend and I look to her for everything. My grandparents are two of my favorite people in this whole world. My grandmother is the perfect southern I am thankful to God for making me who I am. He gave me a good head on my shoulders and the courage to stand up for what I believe in.
I am thankful for the little things. Just a smile, a hello or a short conversation with an aquaintance can make the biggest difference in my day.
I am thankful for my friends. Since I am so close to my family, it has always been hard for me to make really close friends. In high school I had one or two close friends but in college I feel like I have truly made friendships that will last a lifetime. These girls are there for me no matter what. They always listen to my problems no matter how small and will always be there when I need a friend.
I am also thankful for my community. I love the fact that I am from a small historic town. Its part of what makes me myself. Our downtown is absolutely adorable and everywhere that I go I see someone that I know.
I am thankful for all of the opportunities that I have been offered in my life. So many doors have been opened for me and after a semester I know that I made the right choice by going to the college that I chose.
I am thankful for Christmas Music and Peppermint white mochas from Starbucks :)
AND I have a brand new precious puppy, Millie, to be thankful for
I know this was kind of a rant, but thanks for listening!

1 comment:

Diamonds, Pearls and A ' Southern' Girl said...

Im a Phi Mu as well!! Thats so cool...can't wait to keep reading your blog :)