Wednesday, February 11, 2009

GREEK WEEK!!!

Oh my goodness!!!
The homecoming/greek week craziness has begun! My school had the brilliant idea to plan homecoming, alumni weekend and greek week at the exact same time!!!! For most people its not a problem....but I'm a little overextended with duties in my sorority and being a student ambassador. Oh and did I mention I also have 3 tests and a midterm during all of this???
Well the madness officially began at 12:00 am this morning! After Chapter D last night I sought out the perfect patch of concrete sidewalk in the middle of front campus and fought for it when it was officially time to chalk! Is chalking a big deal at other schools? It is basically the biggest form of PR that we have here and there were some serious fights last night...one sorority even brought pitchers of water to wash away other girls stuff. We were campaigning for our homecoming queen. I am actually really excited since its my first Greek Week...the greek week events begin on Friday night with our Greek Show and last until the next Thursday night. It gets really intense...
Then Friday Alumni Weekend/homecoming officially begins...as an ambassador I have to work atleast 2 events plus I am in charge of the float for my sorority. Friday night Cartel and Shop Boyz are coming for our homecoming concert and then all day saturday we have parades and basketball games! Sunday is my roomies birthday and I want to plan something fun for her because she and all of my besties went all out for mine a few weeks ago!
To backtrack a little bit I was in kind of a bad mood all of last week and just really depressed so I missed our first social and just wanted to get home for the weekend and see my family...but we had a recruitment workshop. I did go home and talked to my parents about changing my major and I am now officially a Psychology major!!! I feel like a load has been lifted off of me! and then Monday night we had our annual Stupid Cupid Tacky Valentines Crush Party! It was so so much fun! Me and all of my friends went without dates and had a blast! I can't wait til next time.
I have truly been blessed with the best friends this year they are absolutely amazing...we are all so different and thats what makes us so close!

Sorry for the long post, but its been a while. I hope everyone is having a blessed New Year so far

1 comment:

Beaufort Belle said...

Have a great week. I have confidence that you will accomplish all!

Stop by my blog if you get the chance, I have left something for you.